Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Clothespin Drop

My mom gave me this idea, and the little one loved our version.  I simply handed him a basket of clothespins and an empty puffs container.  (See decorated version below!)

Voila!  He had so much fun filling the container, dumping the container, and repeat.  This was a good 15 minute activity and he has gone back to it again and again.  That's a win in my book!  Now I just need to make the container look cute. :)

Play time: 15 min activity, easy to do again and again
Cost: FREE, recycle! 
Age: 16 months

UPDATE:

I had some time to spiffy up the puffs container.  Yarn wrapped bottles are showing up around the internet, but I hadn't had a chance to try it.  Here was my chance!
For this you need your glue of choice (I've seen hot glue, craft glue and even Elmers).  I had fabric glue on hand.  I also had these 3 balls of yarn leftover from a wreath last fall. 


I wrapped only the white part of the container because the lid spins.  Now you just put a dab of glue on your starting spot at the top and begin to wind the yarn.  Overlap the start piece to secure it.  Place a bit of glue periodically as you work down the container.  When you reach the bottom add an inch of glue all the way around.  The bottom needs to be secure on a bottle this smooth or the yarn can start to slip off over time.


Super easy and fun!

Craft time: 1 hr
Cost: FREE.  If you need to purchase yarn, glue and clothespins, maybe around $10

No comments:

Post a Comment