Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Colorful worms

EEEWWWW, Worms!

This was a lot of fun and so easy to do. During nap time I made a few batches of spaghetti. With each new pot of water I added a good squirt of food dye, maybe 1Tbs worth. You could add more coloring for more vibrant colors, but I was working with leftover dye. I cooked the noodles to just barely al dente.

I made a pot each of blue, green, red and purple. The purple was the only one to come out true.  I guess I needed to add more dye to make them brighter, but they were still 4 distinct colors.



We went outside to play with this one, because I knew it would be messy.  In hindsight, I wish I had put a tablecloth underneath my son as he played.  He loves to empty and fill right now, and the noodles were soon covered in grass.  But he had fun! 


Aren't play clothes great?! 

Craft time: about 1 hour stove time, but I just popped in the kitchen once every 10 min to add or drain spaghetti
Play time: 15 min activity, (maybe longer if a cloth/blanket was underneath to keep noodles from getting too grassy)
Cost: FREE
Age: 16 months

No comments:

Post a Comment