Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sidewalk Paint

As seen on Pinterest and numerous blogs: sidewalk paint is fun, inexpensive and easy.

The ingredients: 1 cup water, 1 cup cornstarch and food coloring. 

Mix the water and cornstarch well, divide into muffin tins, then add the food coloring of choice.  I used Betty Crocker's Gel Food Coloring. 
I added brushes, but my little guy was only semi-interested in them.  It was hands on!  My husband got in on the action and painted our son. 


Squishy fun!

In case you are wondering, the blue dye heavily painted on my pale, blond baby did leave faint marks for a day or so on his head (which were fun to explain...)  Other than that, no dye marks were evident on anyone.  A little dye goes a long way when mixing the colors.  Many parents may not paint their children and that would help too. ;)
 <----Results---->

We really liked the way the paint turned out. 

My son was in play clothes, of course.  Surprisingly, I don't think they stained.

The driveway was cleaned by time and rain within a week or so. 

I hope you try this project!  We had a lot of fun as a family.

Craft time: 5-10 minutes to mix up paint
Play time: 30 minutes before our tyke starting wandering (we were still having fun!)
Cost: FREE
Age: 15 months



No comments:

Post a Comment